The popular summer event around these parts is the Davis Moo-nlight Race 5K, 10K & Half Marathon. Enjoy glow sticks, glow shirts, glowing medals and gloads of fun at this exciting race.
Hey Moms! Are you still making plans for Sunday? Trying to figure out how to fit in a little exercise, flowers and brunch? Here’s a simple plan for success:
(1) Sign up for and run or walk the Run Like a Mother 5K
(Pre-register thru 7pm on May 10, or sign up at Packet Pick Up/Race Morning)
Central Park | 8:00 AM | Davis, CA
(2) Receive a flower when you cross the finish line
(3) Enjoy a complimentary post-race brunch from Whole Foods-Davis
Run Like A Mother Event Features:
- 5K Run or Walk and Timed Kids 1 Mile Fun Run (Ages 1-12) with a women-centered theme
- Disposable chip timing, live tracking for friends and family to follow your progress, live race results on computer kiosks at the event, and complimentary finisher’s certificates courtesy of ACOP. Results and live tracking will be available on our website here and on your mobile device here.
- Post-race vendor expo, live music, bounce houses for kids and complimentary post-race brunch compliments of Whole Foods Market-Davis
- Age Division awards in the 5K in three year age divisions plus in three divisions in the Kids 1 Mile
April has nearly come to a close and we now look forward to the last bits of spring with May, Mother’s Day and Memorial Weekend.
April was an eventful month for us (pun intended), with Stage 3 of the Tour de FIT taking place on April 7 (Running of the Elk) and Stage 4 at the Capital City Classic (April 21).
If you missed the Capital City Classic this year, be sure to put it on the calendar for next spring (the date will be Sunday, April 27, 2014). We’ll be increasing the 10 Mile field limit and you can be rest assured that the medal(s) will be equally as, or even more awesome than this year’s. (Check out http://facebook.com/capitolcityclassic for pix from this year).
Whether your next race is a 1K or a 50K, make it a good one.
View full e-mail here.by
Over 2,500 runners, walkers and health enthusiasts are enrolled to participate in Sunday’s Capital City Classic in Downtown Sacramento at Crocker Park. The event features 5K, 10K and 10 Mile timed events, plus a 2.62 mile mini marathon.
Participant instructions (copies of e-mails, etc) can be found on the Registered Participant Page as well as below. See you Sunday!
- View the NorCal Tour de FIT e-mail update from April 11th here.
- View the Course Preview e-mail from April 17 here.
- View the Packet Pick Up Reminder e-mail here.
- Packet Pick Up will be held on Saturday, April 20th (recommended, but not required) where you can pick up your bib and t-shirt before race day (Location: Sports Authority in Natomas, from 12:00 Noon to 6:00 PM).
Bibs can be picked up race morning from 6:30 AM onwards at the race site (Crocker Park).
- Download the 20% off coupon for Sports Authority purchases, made available to our participants, here.