The 2014 Project Pink 5K started off with a little wind, partly sunny skies and then suddenly a downpour right during opening remarks. This brought the crowd of nearly 500 supporters a little extra surprise at the start of the race. Positivity prevailed of course; the rain also gave us not just a single but a double rainbow that enveloped all of Davis as runners and walkers made their way around the vineyards and fields surrounding Putah Creek Winery. A short mud run towards the finish line and the reward was there: the positivity necklace with this year’s theme, “You Got This!” Post-race, supporters enjoyed cookies, apples, grapes, wine and cheese and a warm atmosphere as the crowd rejoiced in this celebration of community support. Project Pink, the non profit foundation benefiting from the event, was positively aglow with pink on October 25.
A short time lapse video is below. Race results can be found here. Thank you for your support and we will see you back there next year!by
Thank you to all who joined us and took part in the festivities on Saturday night, October 11th as we brought the 5th Annual Oktobrewfest to the streets of Davis and to Community Park. We hope you enjoyed the event.
- Complete race results are posted on our website here.
- On the above link to your personal results, you can share your results socially to facebook and twitter and even watch video of yourself as you cross the finish line!
- You can also download your Official Finisher Certificate.
- Age Group Award Winner? Congrats! Prizes were awarded to the top three men/women per age category. If you did not pick up your prize on race night, all prizes are available for pick up at Fleet Feet Sports in Davis. Questions? You can call them at (530) 758-6453.
- Our video recap is below.
Totally tubular doesn’t even begin to describe the morning of fluorescent awesomeness that was the Rock the 80′s Run/Walk in Elk Grove, CA on Sunday, September 21. Thanks to all who join us for a flashback to the best decade ever.
The pictures and video are rolling in on Instagram (@a_change_of_page) and Facebook (Rockthe80sRun) and would make Richard Simmons proud. Keep ‘em coming.
In the meantime, below is a short video compilation from the finish line that we put together that we hope you’ll enjoy. You can see personalized finish line video on your individual results page by clicking here and the viewing your individual results link. To see your finish line video, click the “view on YouTube” button. Sweet, eh?
Other housekeeping notes: If you won an division award (top three 5K/8 Mile, 8 Mile Relay) and did not pick up on race day, please e-mail us to request it to be mailed. Official photos should be up in the next few days.by