The 2014 Lucky Run is officially in the books, and we’re thrilled to have hosted the largest Lucky Run to date.
Over 2,400 participants took part in this year’s event, and we thank you for joining us. The festive outfits were awesome, we hear you liked the medals and we certainly couldn’t have asked for nicer weather.
We look forward to seeing you at the remaining NorCal Tour de FIT events – remaining in Part One are: Running of the Elk (4/6), Capital City Classic (4/27) and Davis Moonlight Run (7/12).
1) Our photographer is aiming to have pix up by Thu or Fri; the link is: http://www2.backprint.com/facchinophotography/123618
2) If you did not pick up the chain to use with the charm on your finisher’s medal, send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, bib # and address and we will drop one in the mail to you.
3) If you won a prize (top 3 in age division) and did not pick it up, please follow steps in (3) plus include which race you ran in and your age group. We’ll mail it to you.
4) If you signed up on race day for the 7K/7M, or, switched from the half to the 7K/7M on race day, which was at the time “sold out” of medals, and you did not receive one when you finished, we have a limited # left over from no-shows. We can mail one to you if you would like one. Please send e-mail to address above, including your bib #.
The Lucky Run is coming up on Saturday, March 8th. We’re very excited to host this year’s event and a record field of athletes!
Five Things to Know:
1. Read the athlete instructions, posted here: http://changeofpace.com/ACOP/Documents/2014/2014-lucky-run-participant-confirmation.pdf
2. Start times are: 8:00 AM for the Half Marathon, 8:15 AM for the 7K and 7 Mile, and 11:00 AM for the Kids Fun Runs.
3. Packet Pick Up is Friday at Fleet Feet Davis from 12:00 Noon to 6:30 PM, or on race day at Davis High School from 6:30 AM to 7:45 AM.
4. Late Entries. We have a limited number of finisher’s medals remaining for Late Entries. As of Friday, March 7 at 8:00 AM, we have 41 spaces in the 7K/7M and 254 in the Half Marathon. When we reach the max number of medals, we will still permit additional runners/walkers to sign up and participate, but for $5 less than posted price, no finisher medal and a different bib #. We will update the Lucky Run pages accordingly.
5. Important Links. Be sure to register for Facebook Updates, and pass on the live tracking/results page, and mobile site to family and friends. These are posted here on the Registered Participant tab.by
Our February e-newsletter hit e-mail inboxes on Wednesday, February 26th.
View a PDF of the newsletter here.
In This Issue:
- Foam Rollers
- Lost your Running Mojo?
- What’s With All the Spandex?
- Spring Clean your Diet
- Pleasanton Run for Education
- The Sunrise Run
- The Lucky Run
- Capital City Classic
- Positive Energy Kids Tri
- Davis Moo-nlight Races
- Employment Opportunities at ACOP
- Awesome races coming to Northern California