On May 18th, the Vacaville Sunrise Rotary’s 6th Annual Sunrise Run will take place at the historic Nut Tree in Vacaville. Distances include a 5K, 10K and 10 Mile route, which travel through parks and along trails as they make their way back to the Nut Tree for a celebratory finish in front of the carousel. A Kids Fun Run will take place later in the morning and as a perk of participation, the race bib will double as a ticket to ride the carousel afterwards.
The event benefits the Vacaville Sunrise Rotary, a Vacaville-based non-profit organization with strong ties to the community. The funds raised from the event are donated to non-profit groups in Vacaville. Last year’s Sunrise Run allowed the Rotary to support the following organizations: various youth groups (VCS Interact, Will C. Wood Interact, Armijo Jr. ROTC, Armijo Helping Hands, Vanden Jr. ROTC, Camp Royal attendees), Court Appointed Special Advocates for Solano County, Children’s Nurturing Project, Vacaville Neighborhood Boys & Girls Club, Opportunity House, Solano Food Bank, and the Solano Library Foundation.by
Are you running with the ELK this Sunday in Stage 3 of the NorCal Tour de FIT Series? If so, you can sign up to have race updates posted to your Facebook during the event to keep your friends informed of your race progress. The sign up link is: http://m.racetecresults.com/fb.aspx?r=688.
How it works:
1. Click the above link and type your first or last name in the search box.
2. Click the link next to your name that says “Register for Updates.”
3. Agree to the app’s permissions (to post on your behalf) by clicking your name one more time.
4. Run/Walk the race on Sunday. When you cross the Start, Finish and split points (splits on half only), your facebook timeline will be updated with your progress.
Note: If you select other participants besides yourself, their Running of the Elk Half Marathon progress will post to your facebook page as well.
Live Tracking and Race Results can be found here: http://changeofpace.com/race-results/2014-race-results/running-of-the-elk-half-marathon-and-5k/
Mobile results (phones/tablets) can be viewed in your mobile browser at: http://m.racetecresults.com/Search.aspx?R=688by
- Pleasanton Run for Education (April 13)
- Sac State 5K Fun Run (May 1)
- South SF Run for Schools (May 3)
- Big Bear Run (Atherton) (May 4)
- Stride for Aggie Pride (Davis) (May 18)
- Clarksburg Country Run (Nov. 9)
- MandaRUN (Loomis) (Nov. 23)
- Forma Gym Turkey Trot in Walnut Creek (Nov.27)
You can read a full copy of this month’s newsletter here.by
This week, A Change of Pace mourns the loss of one of the most inspirational individuals on the planet. Ann Murray-Paige, creator of Project Pink, author of Pink Tips, Co-producer of the Breast Cancer Diaries, inspiration to the Project Pink 5K Run and our very dear friend will be greatly missed. The flags at A Change of Pace will be lowered in her honor and the memories and words of wisdom she shared will never be forgotten. We Love you Ann!
Memorial services will be held this Saturday adjacent to where this fantastic picture (below) was taken – 8130 Slayback Ranch Lane in South Davis.
A Change of Pace Foundation is hiring and has several positions available for the 2014 race season. We are seeking energetic, motivated, detail-oriented individuals with a passion for exercise to become a part of either our management or timing teams.
View the job descriptions and application details here.by
The 2014 Lucky Run is officially in the books, and we’re thrilled to have hosted the largest Lucky Run to date.
Over 2,400 participants took part in this year’s event, and we thank you for joining us. The festive outfits were awesome, we hear you liked the medals and we certainly couldn’t have asked for nicer weather.
We look forward to seeing you at the remaining NorCal Tour de FIT events – remaining in Part One are: Running of the Elk (4/6), Capital City Classic (4/27) and Davis Moonlight Run (7/12).
1) Our photographer is aiming to have pix up by Thu or Fri; the link is: http://www2.backprint.com/facchinophotography/123618
2) If you did not pick up the chain to use with the charm on your finisher’s medal, send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, bib # and address and we will drop one in the mail to you.
3) If you won a prize (top 3 in age division) and did not pick it up, please follow steps in (3) plus include which race you ran in and your age group. We’ll mail it to you.
4) If you signed up on race day for the 7K/7M, or, switched from the half to the 7K/7M on race day, which was at the time “sold out” of medals, and you did not receive one when you finished, we have a limited # left over from no-shows. We can mail one to you if you would like one. Please send e-mail to address above, including your bib #.