The popular summer event around these parts is the Davis Moo-nlight Race 5K, 10K & Half Marathon. Enjoy glow sticks, glow shirts, glowing medals and gloads of fun at this exciting race.
Exercise + Fun = Happy Kid! Kick off summer with our unique child-oriented event, the Positive Energy Kids Triathlon. This event is designed for kids ages 3 to 18 years. Children can participate either as an individual (ie. do the event on their own) in divisions from 4-6 years up to 15-18 years; or a unique twist on triathlon, as a Parent / Child team, with divisions starting at 3-6 years, and continuing up through 11+. Distances are designed to be achievable; no triathlon experience is necessary!
Entry to the “PEKT” includes:
- Finisher’s Medal
- Colorful event t-shirt
- Scrapbook worthy bib number
- Chip Timing with 3-way splits
- Custom PEKT trophies to the top three boy/girl finishers per division
- Post-race sno-cone and other refreshments
- Post-race arts and crafts and bounce houses
- A fun, safe event
- Registration Info
- View the wave start times sheet here (Printable PDF)
- View the participant list (bib assignments to be posted on Tues., May 28) here
- Read the recent e-blast here (previewed to right)
Hey Moms! Are you still making plans for Sunday? Trying to figure out how to fit in a little exercise, flowers and brunch? Here’s a simple plan for success:
(1) Sign up for and run or walk the Run Like a Mother 5K
(Pre-register thru 7pm on May 10, or sign up at Packet Pick Up/Race Morning)
Central Park | 8:00 AM | Davis, CA
(2) Receive a flower when you cross the finish line
(3) Enjoy a complimentary post-race brunch from Whole Foods-Davis
Run Like A Mother Event Features:
- 5K Run or Walk and Timed Kids 1 Mile Fun Run (Ages 1-12) with a women-centered theme
- Disposable chip timing, live tracking for friends and family to follow your progress, live race results on computer kiosks at the event, and complimentary finisher’s certificates courtesy of ACOP. Results and live tracking will be available on our website here and on your mobile device here.
- Post-race vendor expo, live music, bounce houses for kids and complimentary post-race brunch compliments of Whole Foods Market-Davis
- Age Division awards in the 5K in three year age divisions plus in three divisions in the Kids 1 Mile
April has nearly come to a close and we now look forward to the last bits of spring with May, Mother’s Day and Memorial Weekend.
April was an eventful month for us (pun intended), with Stage 3 of the Tour de FIT taking place on April 7 (Running of the Elk) and Stage 4 at the Capital City Classic (April 21).
If you missed the Capital City Classic this year, be sure to put it on the calendar for next spring (the date will be Sunday, April 27, 2014). We’ll be increasing the 10 Mile field limit and you can be rest assured that the medal(s) will be equally as, or even more awesome than this year’s. (Check out http://facebook.com/capitolcityclassic for pix from this year).
Whether your next race is a 1K or a 50K, make it a good one.
View full e-mail here.by