The 9th Annual Positive Energy Kids Triathlon will return to its’ home at Arroyo Park on Sunday, May 31st.
This event is open to all kids, regardless of previous triathlon experience or athletic ability, who are ages 3 to 18 years old. The triathlon combines three everyday youth activities – swimming, biking and running – in to one great event. All children are recognized as winners as they cross the finish line and receive a heavyweight custom medal. The event is a fantastic way to show kids that exercise is fun! And, the complimentary post-race sno cones are a popular treat.
Sign up early to ensure your child’s space. There is a field limit and we often reach it in advance of event day. More info is available here: http://changeofpace.com/positive-energy-kids-triathlon/by
The 2015 Lucky Run was, some could say, luckier than ever! Race day saw amazing spring weather, lots of impressive accomplishments and a fun, festive crowd. Some of our personal favorite highlights included:
- The overall winner of the half marathon was Danville resident Tori Tyler. Tori also set a new women’s course record.
- Team Joe joined us for yet another event and continues to inspire many with passion and determination.
- Ten year old Jack Butler broke the 10 year old Association of Road Racing Statistics‘ half marathon record for ten year olds.
- An eight year old completed the half marathon with his dad.
- Davis Police Officer Alex Torres went above and beyond the call of duty with his passion, cheers and inspiration on the race course
- Dozens and dozens of runners and walkers who set personal bests upon completing their race.
- Kids from a local elementary school participated in our fun runs as part of a grant to the school and a our Foundations’ efforts to keep our youth fit and excited about running
- Complete race results are posted here.
Run or walk. … set goals … stay fit … earn prizes! Register today! Registration for the Tour is FREE, but you must be registered for the Tour in order to receive prizes. Tour registration is available thru May 16.
Part One dates are:
- Davis Stampede
- The Lucky Run (3/7)
- Running of the Elk (3/29)
- Capital City Classic (4/26)
- Davis Moonlight Run (7/13)