A Change of Pace is a full-service event management and production company based in Davis, CA, located 20 miles west of Sacramento. Founded in 1987, our company has a history of producing top-quality, high profile events throughout Northern California and the West Coast. Participants who attend our events agree; our largest events are also among the major events in the greater Sacramento area. Along with our timing company, we have worked on all the leading running, walking and triathlon events in Northern California in the past 25 years.
Complete or Partial Event Management and Event Marketing includes:
- Permits and Insurance Procurement
- Course design and measurement
- Resident and business notification
- Race Day logistics, including coning, chalking, road closures, Police coordination, mile markers and aid stations on course
- Marketing, including printed materials, social media, e-mail and paid advertisements
- Event concepts, features, athlete incentives and awards
- Event Equipment Rentals
- Coordination of t-shirt printing and/or design
- Virtually all aspects of event management excluding sponsor solicitation and volunteer recruitment.
Our registration and timing department offers disposable chip timing. Our disposable chip timing system is a cutting edge system produced by RFID Timing of Australia. The system uses passive, label-thin RFID timing chips that are attached to the back each runner’s bib number. This allows for a free-flow of finishers through your race finish line (no chip collection, lanes, etc).
Computerized Registration & Finish Line Timing using disposable chip timing – (Request a bid)
Read more about our timing services here.
Our registration/timing clients enjoy the following services at no additional cost.
- Up to 24 results kiosks/computers at your race
- Announcer antennae and computer
- Live, searchable online results (race results are updated on our website during your event) with the option for participants to share on facebook
- Complimentary Finisher’s Certificates for your timed athletes
- Inclusion in the ACOP monthly newsletter for the two months preceding your event (sent to >35,000 recipients/month)
- Inclusion in the upcoming events listing and photo slideshow on our website (90,000 hits/month; 25,000 unique visitors/month)
- Bib design and paper entry form design (if needed)
- Start mats provided at no additional charge (excluding point to point events)
- Complimentary booth to promote your event at any ACOP event preceding yours in the same calendar year (from signing of agreement)
- Pre-race and race day data entry
- Live athlete tracking for events which opt to have split points on the course
- View our current event schedule here.
We specialize in managing and producing running, walking and multi-sport events in the United States. Unlike most event management firms, we provide all services in-house. With 25 years of experience, we know what works – and what doesn’t – to ensure smooth registration, flawless course and first-class event.
We provide timing for our own events. These include:
- Davis Stampede
- Lucky Run
- Capital City Classic
- Positive Energy Kids Triathlon
- Davis Moo-nlight Races
- California Kids Triathlon
- Rock the 80’s
- Project Pink
- Davis Turkey Trot
The A Change of Pace Foundation is a 501c3 Non-Profit organization, established in 2007 after many years of conducting events as A Change of Pace Inc (est. 1987). Based in Davis, CA, the Foundation’s annual efforts include healthy family-oriented events, youth exercise programs (with specific focus on elementary school-age children), kids triathlons and camps, and community education.
The Foundation is administered by a Board of Directors, of whom meet monthly. The Foundation relies on grants, donations, and special event income & sponsorships to fund our programs and events.
We have more than twenty years of experience on the local, regional and national level in the running and multisport field. The Positive Energy Campaign, established in 2006, was designed to encourage positive exercise for kids through fun, fitness-oriented events. This Campaign now includes four high-profile events, including one of the largest kids triathlons in the country, the California Kids Triathlon. With less than 30% of tested K-12 students in California meeting the criteria to be in the “Healthy Fitness Zone,” we are striving to increase the number of kids we reach with our programs and events. Our events serve as a motivational tool for our after-school exercise programs.
The A Change of Pace Foundation strives to “encourage, educate and motivate kids to inspire life-long habits towards a healthy lifestyle.”