When & Where:
- Sunday, May 15, 2016
- Start and Finish the Riverfront in West Sacramento
- 10K & 10 Mile Start at 8:00 AM
- 5K Starts at 8:10 AM
- Half Mile Fun Run starts at 9:30 AM
- Beautiful Downtown Sacramento courses that cross the Tower Bridge and travel along both sides of the Sacramento River
- Disposable Chip Timing for 5K/10K/10M and Awesome Age Group Awards (5 Year divisions)
- Amazing Medals (10 Mile Finisher, Commemorative Finisher Medal (optional))
- 5K Run/Walk (3.1 Miles
- 10K Run/Walk (6.2 Miles)
- 10 Mile Run
- Half Mile Fun Run
Awards & Age Divisions
Awards will be presented to the overall male and female finisher in each the 5K, 10K and 10 Mile, as well as to the top three finishers per age division. Overall finishers, as achieved by gun time, will receive separate awards. Age group winners will receive medals.
5K Age divisions are: 9 & Under, 10-12, 13-15, 16-19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70-74, 75-79, and 80+.
10K Age divisions are: 12 and Under, 13-15, 16-19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70-74, 80+.
10 Mile Age divisions are 15 & Under, 16-19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70-74, 75-79, and 80+. Age group placement is determined by net (chip) time for all divisions.
Unclaimed medals on race day will not be mailed, so be sure to check the results computers or our mobile site to determine if your time earned an awards medal before leaving. Awards may be picked up at the booth labeled “Award Pick Up.”
- Short Sleeve T-shirt (5K, 10K, 10 Mile) (Upgrade to a gender-specific tech shirt available for $5)
- Disposable Chip Timing for 5K/10K/10M
- 10 Mile Finishers will receive a 10 Mile Finisher’s Medal
- Post-Race Refreshments, Vendor Booths, Kid’s Fun Area
- Scenic Course featuring views of the State Capitol, Sacramento River, Old Sacramento, Tower Bridge
- Eligibility for Age Group Awards (5K/10K/10M)
- Part of the NorCal Tour de FIT Series
A gear (“sweat”) check will be set up on event day as a place for you to leave your warmer clothing items while you run or walk. Please do not bring valuables.
Professional Race Photography
Professional sports photos will be available approximately 4 days after the event. The link will be available on your individual results page.
Packet Pick Up
Bibs and shirts may be picked up on Saturday, May 14th, 10:00 AM to 6:00 PM at Fleet Feet Sports- Downtown Sacramento (J Street). Late entries will be accepted during this time. Please bring your emailed confirmation, or have it available on a phone, for quick pick up.
Pick up will also be available race morning at the start/finish line on the Riverwalk starting at 6:30 AM.
There is a field limit of 800 in the 10 Mile. Please be sure to register early for the event. It ensures that you will have a spot and also saves you money on the entry fees.
Bandits, or persons running or walking the race without registering, will not be permitted. Entry fees are kept low through our Foundation’s efforts to keep running and walking affordable. Your registration in the event helps cover race expenses associated with being on the course, such as liability and accident insurance, fluid stations, Police and other official personnel keeping the course safe, and race supplies like cones and barricades. Please be sure to register and wear your bib number on the front of your body if you plan to be on the race course.
*Exception: In the Kids Half Mile Fun Run (only), one parent (or older sibling, grandparent, etc) may run/walk alongside the registered child without needing to be registered/wearing a bib number.
Volunteer and Join the Fun!
Volunteers are needed to help with a variety of race day tasks, such as water stations, course monitors, registration, kid’s area activities, etc. To sign up as an individual or group, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
This event will take place rain or shine. Entries are non-refundable and non-transferable.