The Pleasanton Rotary Halloween Spirit Run will take place in Pleasanton on Sunday, October 27th. A long standing Pleasanton tradition, the event features 5K and 10K courses plus a Kids Challenge.
Proceeds support scholarships for Pleasanton students and community & international projects of The Rotary Club of Pleasanton.
All registration is handled online. Register here: https://runsignup.com/Race/CA/Pleasanton/PleasantonSpiritRun
5K/10K Entry Fees
- $35.00 by Sept. 6
- $40.00 Sept. 7 – Oct. 11
- $45.00 Oct. 12 – Oct. 25
- $48.00 Oct. 26 – Oct. 27
- Youth ages 1-17 save $5.00 on above prices
- Entry includes long sleeve cotton t-shirt
- $130.00 Family of 4 Discount Rate
- Available until Oct. 11
- $30.00 / Each Member over initial 4
- Designed for Ages 2-8, but open to all boys and girls 12 and under
- Distances: 100 yard dash and 1/4 mile
- $12.00 by October 11
- $15.00 Oct. 12 – Oct. 27
- Includes short sleeve cotton t-shirt
Packet pick up will be held on Friday, October 25 from 12 Noon to 6pm, and Saturday, October 26 from 10am to 2pm at the Fleet Feet Sports in Pleasanton (located at 234 Main Street).
Packets can also be picked up on race morning starting at 6:30am near the starting line (near the True Value hardware store parking lot).
2019 Results & Pictures:
- Link here for results: http://acop.racetecresults.com/results.aspx?cid=16356&rid=6079
- Race photos
Results from 2018 and earlier are available online here: https://www.athlinks.com/event/1332/results/Event/744261/Results use the drop down box to select the year.
Awards will be presented to the overall winners as well as to the top three men and women in the following divisions: 13 and Under, 14-18, 19-29, 30-39, …, 70-79, 80+.
Frequently Asked Questions and Answers are below.
Q. If I register in-person at packet pick up or race day, what forms of payment are accepted?
- A: Cash, check and plastic (debit/credit) will be accepted.
Q: Are strollers permitted in the 5K or 10K?
- A: Yes, we just ask that you start towards the back.
Q: Does this event have finisher medals for the 5K or 10K?
- A: No, it does not. There is a finisher’s ribbon for the Kids Challenge.
Q: My child is 11 and I am not sure which race is more appropriate for them, the 5K or the Kids Challenge.
- A: The Kids Challenge is a short sprint type of dash which is really geared towards kids who are 2 to 8 years old, although we allow up to age 12. An 11 year old may enjoy the challenge of participating in the 5K with a parent more than the quickness of the Kids Challenge.
Q: Can other people pick up for me at packet pick up, for example, can I pick up my husband’s packet or does he need to be present?
- A: ID is not required; you may pick up for other people.
Q: I’m interested in having a booth in the post-race expo. Who should I contact?
- A: Please send us an email here and we will connect you with the correct person to coordinate that with.
Q: I registered for the 10K but have an injury. How do I switch to the 5K?
- A: You can self-manage this by logging in to your runsignup account (see link in confirmation email, or, go to runsignup.com) and modifying your race entry. You can also modify other things like name misspellings, DOB corrections, etc. The cut off to do so is October 22, 2019.
- Please email us if you have any trouble with changing your division.
Q: Can I run or walk with my dog?
- A: We don’t encourage dogs, due to the size of the crowd, but they are allowed if your dog fit for the distance and is well behaved in a crowded, loud environment with (potentially) other dogs. If you choose to run/walk with a dog, please start in the back, use a short, non retractable leash and of course be prepared to pick up after him/her.
Please support the event sponsors: