“Single A baseball is boring,” said no one ever. Add in the 8th annual San Jose Giant Race Presented By Alaska Airlines to the weekend and all we can say is “you’re welcome.” The San Jose Giant Race weekend at Excite Ballpark never fails to bring together the most die-hard Giants fans who love spending their mornings sweating and high-fiving other Giants fans from all over the Bay Area. This event is open to all ages, all speeds, all shapes and all sizes. Run the 5K or 5 Mile & sweat yourself free from adult responsibilities for the day. BONUS: All runners will get a FREE San Jose Giants baseball game ticket with their race registration. Go ahead and click “REGISTER” now to be a part of this fun weekend.
- Race Distances – Runners may choose to run the 5 Mile or 5K course.
- Start Time – 7:30 A.M PST for both races
- Baseball Tickets – All runners will get a FREE San Jose Giants baseball game ticket with their race registration. Please note that all baseball tickets will be distributed at packet pickup. We will not distribute tickets at Municipal Stadium will call. You must come to packet pickup to receive your baseball tickets. Extra tickets will be on sale.
- Packet Pickup – Unless you opted (during registration) to have your bib mailed to you, we look forward to seeing your face (smiling only) at Packet Pick Up. Yes, you may pick up multiple packets. Please make sure to have a copy of your friend/family member’s confirmation email and photo ID (an image on your cell phone suffices).
- Junior Giants – Junior Giants is a free, non-competitive and coed baseball program for youth ages 5-18. Working together with local agencies, families and volunteers, Junior Giants reaches into communities and offers youth a chance to learn the basics of baseball during the summer while also discovering the importance of essential life skills.Established in 1994, Junior Giants now annually serves over 24,000 participants in 90 leagues. Junior Giants is more than just baseball and offers several distinct programs to further enrich a player’s experience. Players learn the Junior Giants Four Bases of Character Development: Confidence, Integrity, Leadership and Teamwork, as well as the importance of Health, Education and Bullying Prevention.