Gearing up for the 32nd Annual Davis Stampede
The 32nd Annual Davis Stampede is just around the corner. Many of you are nearing your final long runs or fine-tuning your race day strategy. The excitement is definitely building!
As we near the big day, we want you to feel as prepared for the event as possible. Below are a few tips to help ensure this is achieved:
- Determine your race day attire, and practice running or walking in it. Race day is not a good time to try out new apparel (socks, shoes, clothes, hats, sunglasses, fuel belt, shorts, tights, shirts, even undergarments).
- Review the race course, location of the fluid stations and try to estimate what your needs might be. If you think you will need fluids or nutrition more than what we offer, plan to carry it with you – and practice running/walking with your fluids/nutrition beforehand.
- Ensure that we have you registered in the division (distance) that you plan to do – if not, send us an email beforehand so that we can switch you. View the registered participant list on our site here.
- Plan to pick up your bib before the race if at all possible. This makes your race morning much more smooth. Packet Pick up is held Friday, February 7th from 3-6:30 PM and Saturday, February 8th from 10 AM to 4:00 PM.
- Submit your registration (if you haven’t done so already). Pre-registering guarantees your shirt size and it also saves you money.
- Review the parking map and gather some ideas where you might park on race day. We suggest arriving one hour early (earlier if you need to pick up a bib). The last thing you want to be is rushed, so allow extra time. Determine how long it will take to get from your residence to the race. Google Maps and various phone apps are handy for this task.
- Hydrate (with water) the days prior to the race.
- Practice your race morning breakfast combined with a run or walk, prior to race morning (make sure your body agrees with your pre-race fuel!)
- Don’t overdress for race day. Utilize our sweat check (gear check) or hand off warmer layers to a friend who is there to cheer you on.
- The night before, lay out all your clothes and gear and pin the bib to the front of the shirt you plan to wear.