Rock the 80’s | Event Details
When & Where:
- Saturday, September 10, 2016
- Elk Grove, CA
- Cosumnes River College – Elk Grove Center, 10051 Big Horn Blvd., Elk Grove, CA US 95757
- 5K, 10K, 8 Mile and Kids Runs
- 5K/10K/8 Mile – 8:00 AM Start
- Kids Runs – 9:45 AM Start
- Totally awesome 1980’s themed event
- Music along the race course
- Costume Contest, Post-race booth expo
- Chip timing, Live tracking and split times along both race courses
- 80’s themed finisher and awards medals
- 5K Run/Walk (3.1 Miles)
- 10K Run/Walk (6.2 Miles)
- 8 Mile
- Kids Non-Competitive Fun Run
Awards & Age Divisions
Awards will be presented to the overall male and female finisher in each the 8 mile, 5K and 10K, as well as to the top three finishers per age division. Overall finishers based on gun time will receive a prize. Age Group placement is based on net (chip) time.
5K Age divisions are: 9 & Under, 10-12, 13-15, 16-19, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60-69, 70+.
10K Age divisions are: 12 & Under, 13-15, 16-19, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60-69, 70+.
8 Mile Age divisions are: 15 & Under, 16-19, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60-69, 70+.
The Kids Run is not timed / scored and awards are not presented.
Packet Pick Up
- TBD prior to the race. Race day pick up will open at 6:30 AM.
- Short Sleeve Gender Specific Technical T-shirt for 5K/10K/8 Mile, Cotton short sleeve t-shirt for Kids Fun Run entrants
- Disposable Chip Timing for 5K/10K/8 Mile
- 8 Mile, 10K and 5K finishers will receive the “Rock the 80’s” Finisher’s Medal
- Post-Race Refreshments, Vendor Booths, Kid’s Fun Area
- Eligibility for Age Group Awards (5K/10K/8 Mile)
A gear (“sweat”) check will be set up on event day as a place for you to leave your warmer clothing items while you run or walk. Please do not bring valuables.
Field Limits are established to keep the race fun and safe for everyone. They are as follows:
- 5K/10K/8 Mile: 1,500
- Kids Fun Runs: 200
Stage 1 of the Fall 2016 NorCal Tour de FIT
Rock the 80’s is the second event of five in the Fall portion of the 2016 NorCal Tour de FIT Series. This series is a free series of events designed to provide a little extra bling for those committing to stay fit throughout the year. The Fall portion includes the Rock the 80s, Oktobrewfest, Golden Arches Run, Clarksburg Country Run and Davis Turkey Trot. There are medals and other incentives for those completing events in the Fall portion. However, to be eligible for the bling, you must sign up for the series! Sign ups for the Tour Part 2 open mid August.
Volunteer and Join the Fun!
Volunteers are needed to help with a variety of race day tasks, such as water stations, course monitors, registration, kid’s area activities, etc. To sign up as an individual or group, please contact us.
This event will take place rain or shine. Entries are non-refundable and non-transferable.