The Can Run will feature running along the neighborhood streets of north Davis, past the coveted Community Park, Davis Little League fields, North Davis Elementary and Davis High Schools, and along The Cannery Loop Trail all in 5K! Get in some additional mileage on our 10K course which will feature the greenbelts and neighborhood streets of Northstar.
The Can Run will be presented by The Cannery, and will benefit the local public schools in Davis!
2016 RACE RESULTS: LINK HERE
Event Time & Location:
Date: Saturday, April 23, 2016
- 5K and 10K: 8:00 a.m.
Kids half mile race: 10:00 a.m.
- Pre-register online here.
- Your entry includes a short sleeve t-shirt, commemorative bib number, chip timing, eligibility for age division awards and post-race refreshments from sponsors and vendors.
- Race Day registration is available and open from 6:45-7:50 am (9:45 am for the kids run).
- Registration Look Up: Confirm or look up your registration here. All entries will receive an automatic email confirmation.
- 5K or 10K: $25.00 by March 28; $28.00 from March 29 to April 20; $30.00 at Packet Pick Up or Race Day.
- Kids Run (12 and Under): $10.00 by March 28; $12.00 from March 29 to April 20; $15.00 at Packet Pick Up or Race Day.
Packet Pick Up:
- Friday, April 22 at The Cannery Farmhouse (1550 Cannery Avenue, Davis, CA 95616) from 3:00 PM to 6:30 PM.
- Saturday, April 23 (race morning) at the Start/Finish Area, located in the Cannery near the intersection of Market Avenue and Cannery Loop. Look for the signs to direct you to nearby parking.
- The Cannery in Davis
Corner of Covell Blvd. and J Street
- Loop, paved courses that start and finish at the Cannery, and showcase not only the Cannery but other North Davis neighborhoods and nearby parks and greenbelts.
- View the 5K/10K Course Map PDF
- View the Kids Fun Run Course Map PDF
- Course pending municipality approval and subject to change.
Course Water Stations:
- There will be one aid station on the 5K course and two on the 10K, as well as refreshments at the finish line.
Age Divisions and Awards:
- Awards will be presented to the top three men and women (based on gun time) in each the 5K and 10K. Age division prizes, which will be based on net time, will awarded to the top three men and women in the following age groups: 1-12 years, 13-15, 16-19, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59 and 60+.
- Volunteers are needed for a variety of race tasks, such as pre race packet pick up, registration, course monitors and water stations. Please contact Kelly for more info or to sign up.
- The beneficiary of The Can Run will be the Davis Schools Foundation, a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization committed to educational excellence for all K-12 students in the Davis Joint Unified School District (DJUSD) since 2004. DSF works in partnership with parents, DJUSD and the community to provide grants to bolster, support and sustain district-wide educational opportunities that would not be possible with public funds.
Sponsorship and Vendor Inquiries:
- Sponsorship Opportunities: If you are interested in sponsorship of The Can Run and supporting the Davis Schools Foundation, please contact The New Home Company at 916-771-2223 regarding monetary or in-kind donations (or services). To ensure your company logo placement on promotional materials, please commit by email or telephone by April 1st. Payments for sponsorships must be received by April 15, 2016
- Vendor Opportunities: Businesses are invited to become an exhibitor at the event. It provides your company with the opportunity to showcase, demonstrate and/or sample your product or services to athletes, event spectators and volunteers. For further information, please call 916-771-2223.
Please support our race sponsors, listed below: