NorCal Tour de FIT Series
What is the NorCal Tour de FIT Series?
Simply put, the Tour de FIT Series was designed to provide a goal in order to get more people to exercise in a fun and exciting environment. The intent of the Series is to challenge each participant to set goals by placing events on their calendar for the next seven months. The series does not reward nor penalize a participant on the time it takes to finish, but rather focuses on completion of the event(s). Setting goals is an important element needed to sustain your fitness level and the Tour de FIT series is simply a venue to keep you and your running partner in check. And by setting goals and sticking to them, we will reward you for your dedication. By participating in three of four events you earn a cool award and at the same time you reward yourself for keeping up on your goal. It doesn’t matter how fast or slow you finish, it just matters that you are out there participating. The swag is simply a bonus.
View our April 11th e-mail containing Tour updates here.
What events are included for 2013?
The NorCal Tour de FIT Series is comprised of several events throughout the calendar year. We will split the year in two halves: Jan-July & Aug. –Dec. The first half of 2013 includes five events:
- Davis Stampede (Feb. 3)
- The Lucky Run (Mar. 9)
- Running of the Elk (April 7)
- Capital City Classic (April 21)
- Davis Moo-nlight Race (July 13)
Part Deux of the series includes the events listed below):
- Davis Labor Day Races (Sept. 2)
- Elk Grove Race (AM on Sept 22)
- Oktobrewfest (October 12)
- Davis Turkey Trot (November 23)
Tell Me More About The Bling!
PART ONE: FEB – JULY
Based on your level of participation, you have the opportunity to earn three items:
- Complete 3 events: A NorCal Tour de FIT medallion . . . .
- Complete 4 events: Pint glass with Tour de FIT logo printed on one side
- Complete 5 events: Those completing 5 of the 5 events will also receive our signature piece of bling: the Nor Cal Tour de FIT 2013 Part One medal. When you complete all 5 part two events, you can pair the two medals together to make a giant medal.
- Prizes picked up at the Davis Moo-nlight Race
How To Sign Up
The Tour de FIT Series is designed to be SUPER EASY:
- Sign up for NorCal Tour de FIT Part Deux online here: https://acop.webconnex.com/tourdefit13
- Let Us Know Your Participation Level when signing up: We need to know whether your Tour registration is for 3, 4 or 5 events (so we can order the appropriate amount of medals and swag. If you change your plans for participation, please let us know by June 1.
- Register & complete any distance 5K or longer, in at least three of the events in the Series.
- Claim your prize(s) at the Moonlight Run on July 13.
What is the cost to sign up for the Tour de FIT series?
Signing up for the series is free.You must sign up for the series itself (not the individual events) by June 1 so that we can order the medals and other items and have them in time for the Moonlight Run. You must register for at least 3 of the events in the series (prices vary). Register early for each event for best pricing.
Where/When do we get our bling?
The medals and the pints will be available for pick up at a booth in the post-race area of the Davis Moonlight Race on July 13. After you finish the race, you can pick up your prize. Your name will be on a list. A friend may pick up for you if necessary.