NorCal Tour de FIT Series
Am I registered for the Tour? Use the participant lookup form here to look up your entry.
What is the NorCal Tour de FIT Series?
Simply put, the Tour de FIT Series is designed to provide runners with a goal. By selecting certain events to choose from, the intent of the Series is to challenge each participant to set goals by placing specific events on their calendar for the next 12 months. The series is not based on time nor distance, but what is considered more important to our foundation and mission is the goal of completion. Setting goals in exercise is an important element needed to sustain your fitness level. The Tour de FIT series is simply a venue to keep you and your running partner in check. And by setting goals and sticking to them, you will not only get rewarded for your fitness achievements, but for your dedication in the events that you participate in. It doesn’t matter how fast nor how slow you finish, it simply matters that you are out there participating. Recognition for one’s participation is always an incentive, therefore the swag we provide is a nice complement and reminder of the effort you have put forth.
2016 NorCal Tour de FIT – Part Two
- Rock the 80s (Sept. 10)*
- Oktobrewfest (Oct. 8)
- Golden Arches Run (Oct. 23)
- Clarksburg Country Run (Nov. 6)
- Davis Turkey Trot (Nov. 19)
- Complete 3 or more Part Two events* and receive the NorCal Tour de FIT t-shirt
- Complete 5 Part Two events* and receive a NorCal Tour de FIT medal
- All incentives will be distributed at the Davis Turkey Trot
- NOTE: *Rock the 80’s carries double weight and will count as two events.
Rules for Participation
- Each person must register for the Tour to be eligible for incentives. It is the responsibility of the athlete to ensure that their registration went through. A registered participant list is available online for one to double check.
- The deadline to register is October 10.
- Athletes must register for the Tour under the same exact name as they use to register for the races. Failure to do so will mean that the computer will not match and recognize your finish and therefore not grant you credit. Incentives are ordered based on completed events. Those using inconsistent names may not receive credit and therefore incentives will not be ordered on their behalf. It is the responsibility of the athlete to ensure that the names used are the same. See below for examples of what not to do.
- An event will be considered completed if a finish time is posted and it is a timed division. Kids fun runs are ineligible. If you DNF (abandon a race mid-course for medical reasons) you must have posted a start time and contact us by email within one week of the event indicating as such in order to receive credit for attending.
- It is the athlete’s responsibility to ensure that a finish time is recorded for an event they complete. Results are posted immediately after the race. In the event of a timing omission, please e-mail us before Oct. 10 to advise of the correction.
- Virtually completing a race is not accepted, even if the athlete is registered for the event.
- Sorry, no substitutions of other events if you miss a race.
- The Davis Turkey Trot is required as one of the three events.
- All prizes must be picked up at the Turkey Trot.
Our software will match registered entrants for the Tour with timed finishers for each race.
Inconsistent names will not match. Obviously if your name changes (such as marriage) the computer will see that as two different people. Following are other examples of names which will not match:
- Jen E Smith and Jen Smith
- Robert Frank and Bob Frank
- Jenn Smith and Jen Smith
- Amy Smith-Roberts and Amy Smith Roberts
- Maria Delarosa and Maria De larosa OR Maria De la Rosa
- Suzanne Winters and Suzanne Winters Johnson