Davis Stampede: Finisher Medal Reveal, Fee Cut-Off Approaching
|30 DAYS TIL RACE DAY!|
Sent by Email: January 23, 2020
View as PDF: <<link>>
The 38th Annual Davis Stampede will take to the streets on Sunday, February 23rd and we hope to see you there!
Basic Race Info:
- Date: Sunday, February 23, 2020
- Location: Playfields Park, Davis
- Distances: 5K, 10K, Half Marathon, Kids Run
- Entry includes:
-Short sleeve t-shirt (option to upgrade to long sleeve)
-Custom self-standing finisher’s medal (see below!)
-Timing & eligibility for age group awards (5 yr to 80+)
-Post-race refreshments & pancake breakfast
-Half marathon pace teams
- Kids Run is free through 2/21 (must register); add on a t-shirt if desired.
How to Register:
- Online registration is available here.
- Entry fees increase on Monday, Jan. 27
- Discounts for youth entrants (16 & Under) in the 5K and 10K
- Register 2 or more people in the same transaction by Feb. 7 and save $5 on the second and each additional entry
- Current pricing (before any above discounts):
5K or 10K- $34, Half Marathon – $55
- START TIMES:
– 10K and Half Marathon start at 8:00 a.m.
– 5K starts at 8:10 a.m.
- Water stations will serve both water and Gatorade and are located approximately every two miles. There are six stops on the half marathon, two on the 10K and one on the 5K.
- Restrooms are located at each water station
- Pacers for the half marathon will run for goal pace times as follows: 1:30, 1:35, 1:40, 1:45, 1:50, 1:55, 2:00, 2:05, 2:10, 2:15, 2:20, 2:24, 2:30, 2:35, 2:40, 2:45, 2:50, 2:55, 3:00. No matter your pace, we have a pacer for you!
- Strollers are allowed in all distances; however we ask that you start in the back.
- Well-behaved dogs who are on non-retractable leashes and who are comfortable and used to being both around other dogs as well as in large crowds are welcome to join us for a run or walk. All dogs must start behind the human runners at the start line. Please carry baggies.
- Kids Runs start at 10:30 a.m. and will be 1/4 and 1/2 mile. Ages 12 and under. Parents may run alongside their child and do not need to register.
- Course maps link: https://changeofpace.com/event/
- Half marathon cut off is 3:30 for course support.
Can’t Race, But Wish To Support?
Volunteers are always welcome and needed to organize running events. We appreciate everyone who assists, whether it is individuals, friend groups, those fulfilling community service hours for school or philanthropic groups.
ACoP is always looking for enthusiastic people willing to be part of the FUNstivities.