- This event has passed.
Beer, music and running: one great way to spend the evening!!
The 2022 event will take place October 15th.
It’s 5 o’clock somewhere! And at the Rocktobrewfest event, that’s when the horns sounds and the fun begins. Come join us for an evening where all the pieces fall into place: exercise, drinks, friends, music and fun. This year’s event will take place at NEW location in West Davis: Super Owl Brewing, located at 1260 Lake Blvd. The evening’s menu includes 5K and 5 mile options. After your run or walk, enjoy beer and music. Your 5K and 5 Mile entry includes a finisher medal and post-race beer. For those who are designated drivers, under 21 or who don’t consume alcohol, we will have sno-cones. See you on October 15th!
Location: Super Owl Brewing, 1260 Lake Blvd., Davis, CA 95616
- 3:45 p.m. – Bib Pick Up and Late Registration opens
- 5:00 p.m. – 5K and 5 Mile races start
- 5:00 – 8:00 p.m. – Post-race activities: music, vendor booths, age group award pick up, beer sampling
Past Race Results
- 2019: https://results.changeofpace.com/results.aspx?CId=16356&RId=6077
- 2018: http://acop.racetecresults.com/results.aspx?CId=16356&RId=6051
- 2017: http://acop.racetecresults.com/Results.aspx?CId=16356&RId=6027
- 2016: http://acop.racetecresults.com/results.aspx?CId=16356&RId=194
- 2015: http://acop.racetecresults.com/results.aspx?CId=16356&RId=143
- 2014: http://acop.racetecresults.com/results.aspx?CId=16356&RId=84
- 2013: http://acop.racetecresults.com/results.aspx?CId=16356&RId=37
Start Time: 5:00 PM
Entry Includes: Chip timing and eligibility for age group awards, t-shirt, finisher medal, Post-race beer sampling, music and other festivities.
Are dogs permitted? Yes, but they must be leashed and well behaved and start at the back of the pack.
Are strollers permitted? Yes, but we ask you to start in the back of the pack for your safety and those around you.
When is packet pick up? All packets will be available for pick up on race night starting at 3:45 p.m.
Where should we park? Parking is available on Lake Blvd, Marina Circle, on other nearby residential side streets, plus at Patwin School (approx. half mile walk to race venue).
An informational email was sent to registered participants on Friday, October 14th at 5:45 pm. A copy is below.
Race night is almost here and we hope you are as excited as we are for the 2022 edition of our annual October celebration of running and suds. Following is some information to help ensure your evening is smooth.
Following is pertinent race night information:
Date: Saturday night, October 15, 2022
3:45 p.m. – Packet Pick Up and Late Registration opens at the start/finish
5:00 p.m. – Start of the 5K and 5 Mile
5:00 to 8:00 p.m. – Post race party (beer and live music)
LOCATION & PARKING
- The event takes place at Super Owl Brewing, 1260 Lake Blvd., Davis, CA 95616
- Google map
- We suggest that you arrive about 45 minutes ahead of time to pick up your bib and t-shirt.
- Parking is available on Lake Blvd. and surrounding nearby residential streets including Marina Circle. Please note: there is no parking on Arlington Blvd.
We’re so excited about this year’s finisher and age group award medals, and hope you are too. Catch a sneak peek of them at the bottom of this email.
Each participant will receive one complimentary beer from Super Owl Brewing. Additional beer can be purchased.
THE SNO CONES & THE PIZZA
Not yet 21 years old? Don’t drink beer? Designated Driver? No worries! We will have sno cones too.
For food, Lamppost Pizza is right next door to the brewery, where you will find an ample selection of pizza, salad and other food for dinner. Additionally, T-Kumi Ramen and Rice Bowl will be open.
Race results will be available on computers at the event as well as on our mobile site. Be sure to check them out race to see if you place top three in your age division, because if you do, it means you earn extra bling!
See you soon!
A Change of Pace
The Davis Labor Day Race event will benefit Cancer Champions, which is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization that provides its members with online nutrition, fitness and mindset program designed specifically for those battling cancer.
When it comes to fitness and nutrition, cancer patients are told to eat right and exercise, but they often don’t know what to do, and oncologists usually don’t have enough time in the day to explain in detail. Cancer Champions bridges the gap between hospital and home, providing cancer patients with expert-built fitness programs, recipes and meal plans, and guided yoga practices that they can do from the comfort and safety of their home.
Funds and donations raised from these races will be used to provide sponsorships for cancer patients to participate in Cancer Champions.
Interested in making a standalone donation to Cancer Champions? Donate here.
** Please always check with the event director to confirm race info, like dates, times, venue, etc. **
DATE: Sunday, February 26, 2023