- This event has passed.
The Pleasanton Rotary Halloween Spirit Run will take place in Pleasanton on Sunday, October 30, 2022. A long standing Pleasanton tradition, the event features 5K and 10K courses plus a Kids Challenge.
Proceeds support scholarships for Pleasanton students and community & international projects of The Rotary Club of Pleasanton.
- Sunday, October 30, 2022.
- Start & Finish in Downtown Pleasanton on Main Street
- 5K/10K starts at 8:00 a.m.
- Kids Challenge (ages 2 – 8) starts at 9:30 a.m.
- Long sleeve shirts for 5K/10K entrants – first 750 to register. Kids Challenge entry includes a cotton t-shirt.
Please see the below sections for additional information.
All registration is handled online. Register here starting August 12, 2022: https://runsignup.com/PleasantonSpiritRun
2022 ENTRY FEES
5K or 10K
- Ages 18 and Up: $40 through September 30, $45 October 1 to October 29, $50 on October 30 (race day). Includes a long sleeve t-shirt for the first 750 entrants.
- Ages 17 and Under: $35 through September 30, $40 October 1 to October 29, $45 on October 30 (race day)
KIDS CHALLENGE (Ages 2-8)
- $20 on or before October 29th; $25 on race day
- Cotton T-shirt is included in entry fee
Processing fee is charged in addition to above entry fees.
Registration on event day and at packet pick up will be available on-site using chromebooks, however, to save time and reduce lines, we strongly suggest registering on-line at the above link before arriving and then proceeding to the ‘will call’ station to pick up your race bib.
Packet pick up will be held Saturday, October 29 (10:30 am- 4:30 pm) at Fleet Feet Pleasanton (234 Main Street).
Packets can also be picked up on race morning from 6:30 am to 7:45 am near the start line (until 9:20 am for the Kids Challenge).
2019 Results & Pictures:
Results from 2018 and earlier are available online here: https://www.athlinks.com/event/1332/results/Event/744261/Results use the drop down box to select the year.
Awards will be presented to the overall winners as well as to the top three men and women in the following divisions: 9 and Under, 10-13, 14-18, 19-29, 30-39, …, 70-79, 80+.
Frequently Asked Questions and Answers are below.
Q. If I register in-person at packet pick up or race day, what forms of payment are accepted?
- A: Cash, check and plastic (debit/credit) will be accepted.
Q: Are strollers permitted in the 5K or 10K?
- A: Yes, we just ask that you start towards the back.
Q: Does this event have finisher medals for the 5K or 10K?
- A: No, it does not. There is a finisher’s ribbon for the Kids Challenge.
Q: My child is 11 and I am not sure which race is more appropriate for them, the 5K or the Kids Challenge.
- A: The Kids Challenge is a short sprint type of dash which is really geared towards kids who are 2 to 8 years old, although we allow up to age 12. An 11 year old may enjoy the challenge of participating in the 5K with a parent more than the quickness of the Kids Challenge.
Q: Can other people pick up for me at packet pick up, for example, can I pick up my husband’s packet or does he need to be present?
- A: ID is not required; you may pick up for other people.
Q: I’m interested in having a booth in the post-race expo. Who should I contact?
- A: Please send us an email here and we will connect you with the correct person to coordinate that with.
Q: I registered for the 10K but have an injury. How do I switch to the 5K?
- A: You can self-manage this by logging in to your runsignup account (see link in confirmation email, or, go to runsignup.com) and modifying your race entry. You can also modify other things like name misspellings, DOB corrections, etc. The cut off to do so is October 25, 2022.
- Please email us if you have any trouble with changing your division.
Q: Can I run or walk with my dog?
- A: We don’t encourage dogs, due to the size of the crowd, but they are allowed if your dog fit for the distance and is well behaved in a crowded, loud environment with (potentially) other dogs. If you choose to run/walk with a dog, please start in the back, use a short, non retractable leash and of course be prepared to pick up after him/her.
** Please always check with the event director to confirm race info, like dates, times, venue, etc. **
DATE: Sunday, February 26, 2023
For updates on the Pleasanton Rotary Halloween Spirit Run, follow our race Facebook page here.
You can RSVP your attendance at this year’s event via the Facebook Event here.