The Pleasanton Rotary Halloween Spirit Run will take place in Pleasanton on Sunday, October 31, 2021. A long standing Pleasanton tradition, the event features 5K and 10K courses plus a Kids Challenge.
Proceeds support scholarships for Pleasanton students and community & international projects of The Rotary Club of Pleasanton.
- Sunday, October 31, 2021.
- Start & Finish at Alameda County Fairgrounds, Gate 12 at Valley Avenue, Pleasanton, CA 94566.
- 5K/10K starts at 8:30 a.m.
- Kids Challenge (ages 2 – 8) starts at 10 a.m.
- Free parking if you enter at Gate 12 off Valley Avenue. Link for directions here.
- Free entry ticket to Alameda County Fair for all entrants – Kids Challenge included.
- Long sleeve shirts for 5K/10K entrants – first 750 to register. Kids Challenge entry does not include a t-shirt, though cotton shirts are available to purchase for an additional $12.00.
- Join a team! Rotary will donate $5 to PUSD schools teams (schools, clubs, sports teams, etc.), or any other non-profit group, for every registrant who chooses a team. It’s easy! Select a team from the drop down menu (under Teams) and Rotary will issue a donation directly to that team after the Rotary Spirit Run on October 31.
- If you would like to add a team to the list, please send your request to Steve McCoy-Thompson by October 15 for approval and inclusion – Please try to have at least 10 prospective members on your proposed team. All requests from PUSD school clubs must be made by a PUSD teacher or staff member. Businesses can create a team and run as a group also, but the $5 rebate only applies to non-profit organizations.
Please see the below sections for additional information.
All registration is handled online. Register here starting August 15, 2021: https://runsignup.com/Race/CA/Pleasanton/PleasantonSpiritRun
2021 ENTRY FEES
5K or 10K
- Ages 18 and Up: $40 through September 30, $45 October 1 to October 30, $50 on October 31 (race day). Includes a long sleeve t-shirt for the first 750 entrants.
- Ages 17 and Under: $35 through September 30, $40 October 1 to October 30, $45 on October 31 (race day)
- Family Rate for 5K/10K: Family of 4 or more (up to 7): $125 if registered by October 28, 2021
KIDS CHALLENGE (Ages 2-8)
- $12 on or before October 30th; $15 on race day
- T-shirt is not included in entry fee but may be added on for an additional $12.
Processing fee is charged in addition to above entry fees.
Registration on event day and at packet pick up will be available on-site using chromebooks, however, to save time and reduce lines, we strongly suggest registering on-line at the above link before arriving and then proceeding to the ‘will call’ station to pick up your race bib.
Packet pick up will be held Saturday, October 26 (Times TBD) at the Fleet Feet Sports in Pleasanton (located at 234 Main Street).
Packets can also be picked up on race morning from 7:00 am to 8:15 am near the start line (until 9:45 am for the Kids Challenge).
2019 Results & Pictures:
- Link here for results: http://acop.racetecresults.com/results.aspx?cid=16356&rid=6079
- Race photos
Results from 2018 and earlier are available online here: https://www.athlinks.com/event/1332/results/Event/744261/Results use the drop down box to select the year.
Awards will be presented to the overall winners as well as to the top three men and women in the following divisions: 13 and Under, 14-18, 19-29, 30-39, …, 70-79, 80+.
Frequently Asked Questions and Answers are below.
Q. If I register in-person at packet pick up or race day, what forms of payment are accepted?
- A: Cash, check and plastic (debit/credit) will be accepted.
Q: Are strollers permitted in the 5K or 10K?
- A: Yes, we just ask that you start towards the back.
Q: Does this event have finisher medals for the 5K or 10K?
- A: No, it does not. There is a finisher’s ribbon for the Kids Challenge.
Q: My child is 11 and I am not sure which race is more appropriate for them, the 5K or the Kids Challenge.
- A: The Kids Challenge is a short sprint type of dash which is really geared towards kids who are 2 to 8 years old, although we allow up to age 12. An 11 year old may enjoy the challenge of participating in the 5K with a parent more than the quickness of the Kids Challenge.
Q: Can other people pick up for me at packet pick up, for example, can I pick up my husband’s packet or does he need to be present?
- A: ID is not required; you may pick up for other people.
Q: I’m interested in having a booth in the post-race expo. Who should I contact?
- A: Please send us an email here and we will connect you with the correct person to coordinate that with.
Q: I registered for the 10K but have an injury. How do I switch to the 5K?
- A: You can self-manage this by logging in to your runsignup account (see link in confirmation email, or, go to runsignup.com) and modifying your race entry. You can also modify other things like name misspellings, DOB corrections, etc. The cut off to do so is October 26, 2021.
- Please email us if you have any trouble with changing your division.
Q: Can I run or walk with my dog?
- A: We don’t encourage dogs, due to the size of the crowd, but they are allowed if your dog fit for the distance and is well behaved in a crowded, loud environment with (potentially) other dogs. If you choose to run/walk with a dog, please start in the back, use a short, non retractable leash and of course be prepared to pick up after him/her.
Please support the event sponsors:
** Please always check with the event director to confirm race info, like dates, times, venue, etc. **
|32nd Annual Davis Turkey Trot|
|DATE: Saturday, November 20, 2021
LOCATION: Davis, CA
DISTANCES: 5K • 10K • Half Marathon • 2M • Kids Run
– Finisher Medals
– Technical T-shirts
– Dog and stroller friendly
MORE INFO: View details