Your Favorite Labor Day Tradition Will Be Back!
Some Things Get Better With Age
We are thrilled to report that we will be bringing this event back after a 2 year hiatus.
Registration is now open for the race; entry includes a t-shirt, finisher medal and eligibility for age group awards.
Well-behaved leashed dogs and strollers are welcome in both distances.
Register for the 5K or 10K for $35 ($30 for 16 and Under) by July 2nd.
Introducing our Newest Charity Partner
The Davis Moonlight Run, Davis Labor Day Race, and Rocktobrewfest events will benefit Cancer Champions, which is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization that provides its members with online nutrition, fitness and mindset program designed specifically for those battling cancer.
When it comes to fitness and nutrition, cancer patients are told to eat right and exercise, but they often don’t know what to do, and oncologists usually don’t have enough time in the day to explain in detail. Cancer Champions bridges the gap between hospital and home, providing cancer patients with expert-built fitness programs, recipes and meal plans, and guided yoga practices that they can do from the comfort and safety of their home.
Funds and donations raised from these races will be used to provide sponsorships for cancer patients to participate in Cancer Champions.
Interested in making a standalone donation to Cancer Champions? Donate here.
A View From the Other Side
Sunday morning, I had the pleasure of volunteering at the Kaiser Permanente Women’s Fitness Festival in Sacramento. It’s always great to be around inspiring women and girls! I’ve always found it important both as a race director and a race participant to volunteer at other races every now and again to keep a broad perspective. It provides valuable insight and fresh ideas, and deepens my appreciation for the people who volunteer at our races. Thank you to Fleet Feet Sacramento for having me.
If you are looking to volunteer in the near future, we are seeking volunteers for:
- Folsom Firecracker (Monday, July 4th)
- Davis Moonlight Run (Sat. night, July 9th)
Besides giving back to the local running community, we offer a complimentary entry to a future ACoP event if you would like one. If you volunteer for packet pick up (7/3) or event day registration (for either race), you can use your free entry for that same event. Those spots always fill up first, so be sure to sign up in advance!
Summer Running, Had Me a Blast…
- Monday, July 4th
- 2 Mile, 5K, and 10K; strollers and well-behaved leashed dogs welcome
- T-shirt and Finisher Medal (see medal to right) included in entry fee; age group awards & sno-cones afterwards
- $35 ($30 for kids) through June 20
- Benefits Shriners Children’s of Northern California
- More Info
- Saturday night, July 9
- 2K, 5K, 10K, and Ten Mile; Kids 1/2 Mile Fun Run
- Gender specific tech tees, self standing finisher medals, age group awards, beer on tap, sno-cones & music
- Strollers and well-behaved leashed dogs welcome
- Benefits Cancer Champions
- Register by June 15th for best pricing
- More Info