One Month Until Race Day!
We are getting so pumped for this year’s Davis Turkey Trot. It’s our 35th Annual event and we have so many exciting new aspects for this year’s race. We hope that you are one of the many making plans to join us for this wonderful community event on Saturday, November 18th at Civic Center Park in Davis.
Register by October 31st
First things first: The sooner you register, the lower the entry fee will be. Register by Tuesday, October 31st before prices go up.
We strongly encourage pre-registration. We are expecting a record field of participants this year and there is a possibility we will sell-out in advance of race day.
2023 Race distances are:
2 Mile Run or Walk
5K (3.1 Mile)
10K (6.2 Mile)
Half Marathon (13.1 Mile)
Five events for kids: 1 Mile, 1/2 Mile, 1/4 Mile, Toddler Trot, and Adaptive Kids Event
Option to participate in both the 5K and 10K
Entry Includes: 2 Mile, 5K, 10K, and Half Marathon entry includes a long sleeved technical t-shirt, finisher medal, timing, and eligibility for age group and special division awards. After the race, all registered participants are offered post race pancakes and fruit.
The Kids Races are just $9 (thru 10/31) and include a special kids finisher medal. Short sleeved t-shirts are available to add on to the entry for $5 while sizes and supplies last. The Kids Fun Runs will feature newly redesigned courses to reduce congestion, multiple heats by age, and a new start line location. View course maps here.
What Is New This Year:
- JUST ADDED!! Half Marathoners will receive a post-race lunch. Your bib number will have a coupon on it for you to receive your food. Head to the “Half Marathon Hospitality” tent when you are ready eat.
- USATF Certification of the 5K, 10K, and Half Marathon courses
- NEW courses for the Kids Events plus the introduction of age-based heats to minimize course congestion
- New Special Divisions:
- Special Divisions act as a secondary division and do not affect an athlete’s ability to be ranked in or win an age group division prize
- Available in the 2 Mile, 5K, 10K, Half Marathon
- Created to recognize a subset of athletes
- Existing special divisions which will continue are: Dog Division (with dog size breakdowns for the 2 Mile) and Adaptive Athletes
- NEW divisions:
- Cancer Survivor
- UC Davis Alumni
- UC Davis Student
- UC Davis Faculty/Staff
- US Veteran
- If you are already registered and wish to be added to any of the above special division, please email us.
- Please note each entrant may only be attributed to one special division.
- Prizes for special division top finishers will be awarded to the top three male, female, and nonbinary finishers per category based on net time.
Finisher and Age Group Award Medal Previews
Have you seen this year’s medals? We are pretty excited about them and hope that you are, too!
The Davis Turkey Trot will benefit Cancer Champions and Yolo County SPCA. Cancer Champions is a nonprofit dedicated to helping cancer patients with nutrition advice and customized exercise plans during their treatment.
The Yolo County SPCA is committed to improving the lives of animals in our community. Through their adoption program, public education and outreach, and active promotion of the benefits of spaying and neutering, Yolo County SPCA strives to provide a better future for the people and pets in our community.
Below are some links to additional information:
- Registration Website
- Race Website
- Course Maps
- More Info on Special Divisions
- Age Divisions & Awards
- Check If You’re Registered