The Tour has again taken a new route … you could say that we’ve mixed things up for ‘a change of pace’
We admit it, we like to change things up. And so, with another year upon us, we are taking a fresh approach to the 2020 NorCal Tour de FIT. The purpose of the tour is to provide some cool incentives and perks to those committing to an active lifestyle through the year.
2020 Tour de FIT events:
- Davis Stampede (Sunday, Feb. 23): 5K, 10K, Half Marathon
- The Lucky Run (Saturday, March 21): 5K, 7K, 10K
- Davis Moo-nlight Run ***Date is pending*** : 5K, 10K, Half
- Davis Labor Day Run Monday, Sept. 7): 5K,10K
- Rocktobrewfest Saturday night, October 17): 5K, 5 Mile
- Davis Turkey Trot (Saturday, November 21): 2 Mile, 5K, 10K, Half
Finisher Medals from each of the six Tour de FIT events will be self-standing and create a scene from left to right as you collect them throughout the year.
- Medals are designed with a base so that they can stand on a bookshelf or tabletop.
- The first race of the year (The Davis Stampede) is the ‘start’ of the year, and contains the starting line (see mockup below).
- Each subsequent medal will fit-in to the prior one such that the bases will be touching one another.
- If you miss an event, the pieces will still fit together.
- Incentive pieces are available to Tour de FIT members only. Upon completing the events, you will receive the incentive medals as outlined below to complete the ‘scene’.
Membership to the 2020 NorCal Tour de FIT is $30.00 and includes the following:
- Training T-Shirt. You will receive a short sleeved technical tour t-shirt. This can be picked up at any Tour event. They are not mailed.
- Discounts. Receive 15% off your entry fee to any Tour event taking place after the Davis Stampede. Coupon codes will be emailed to you.
- VIP Porta-Potties. When you gotta go, you don’t wanna wait in line. Access the VIP potties at each event.
- Tour Medal Eligibility. As a Tour de FIT member, you’re eligible to earn all three Tour de FIT incentive medals. Incentive medals are awarded as follows:
- Complete the Davis Stampede and Lucky Run – earn the first piece (Aid Station)
- Complete the Davis Moo-nlight Run and Davis Labor Day race – earn the second piece (cheering squad)
- Complete Rocktobrewfest and Davis Turkey Trot – earn the third piece (finish line)
How Does it Work?
- Commit! Sign up for a 2020 Tour de FIT membership.
- Pick Up your Swag. Entries received by Feb. 20 can pick up their Tour t-shirt at the Davis Stampede.
- Sign up for your goal events. Whether you plan to participate in all six events or not, be sure to register for each race individually. *Coupon codes for the Lucky Run+ events will be emailed to you directly.
- Do your thing on race day. Enjoy the VIP private porta-potties on event day.The Tour de FIT is not about how fast or slow you run or walk, but about simply encouraging you to stay active!
- Pick up your incentive medals as you earn them throughout the year. Tour de FIT members who complete the Davis Stampede and Lucky Run can pick up their incentive medal at the Lucky Run. Incentive medals for the second and third challenges will be available at the Labor Day Race and Davis Turkey Trot, respectively. If you are a VIRTUAL participant in the Lucky Run, Labor Day Run, or Davis Turkey Trot, we can mail your incentive piece with your Virtual packet, but kindly ask that you send us an email requesting this.
- Bask in the awesomeness of your achievement. Display your medals proudly!
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Do I need to register for the Tour de FIT to earn the extra medals?
A: Yes. You can purchase a Tour de FIT membership through March 10th. The cost is $30, and the link to sign up is https://runsignup.com/Race/CA/Davis/TourdeFIT
Q: I can’t make one of the races, but still want to participate. Suggestions?
A: Many of the included events offer a virtual option.
Q: Can I mix and match distances?
A: Absolutely, the only requirement is that for an event/division to count towards the Tour medal, it must be a timed division (i.e., the kids fun run does not count).